Thursday 11 April 2013

KIA ORA

Hoi,
I’m Janis, the other half of the unprofessionals, I am an amateur psychologist.  Welcome to my SL.  Anastasia Bergbahn is the other half of our unprofessional team, and here's a link to her blog http://goshgestures.blogspot.com definitely a great read.

My opinion, for what it’s worth, is that in RL your character is defined by what you do when no one is watching.  What a wonderful opportunity we have in SL to test our character to the fullest.  We are essentially anonomous, and being anonomous we have so many opportunities to either do the right thing, or the wrong thing…to treat others kindly or fuck them over and lie to their asses…and get away with it.  There are few concequences in SL compared to the what the same actions would bring you in RL so what exactly would stop you from having a little fun at someone elses expense?  Your RL character is what, who you are in RL, that’s what.

RL and SL are separate?  It’s just pixels?  It's a game?  BuLLSHiT!  BuLLSHiT!  BuLLSHiT!

ANYHOO, I will, bless my heart, psychoanalyse you from the moment we meet…sorry, can not help it, it’s my thing.  Besides it sure takes my mind off my own problems 
  
If you come up on my radar as pretty normal (and that’s relative guys, I am not exactly the picture of mental health myself) I will embrace your relative normalness and love you to bits.  If on the other hand I suspect a deviation from normalness (Note to self: look up normalness..dont think it’s a word) it will be my extreme pleasure to diagnose you, unprofessionally and with amateur enthusiasm, without your knowledge. 

You see, there is no point sharing the diagnosis.  See below:
1. Who the hell do I think I am!
2. Most cases I deal seem to be varied cases of Autism or Personality disorder and are unable to have insight into their own behaviour, even when faced with it.
3. What if I am wrong………………nah lmao
4. Who the hell do I think I am!

It’s the relatively normal people in SL that will benefit from my amateurish delvings into their inner brainfucks.  Bring me your abused, your addicts, your angry, your sad.  They actually want help.  They will ask for it and appreciate it.

I have a dream…that governments would grow some balls and throw squillions of dollars into early childhood, psychologists, healthcare, education.  In 20 years our jails would have rooms vacant..imagine..imagine there’s no heaven..oops, another quote.  Seriously, imagine if every child had a psychologist (I mean a perfect psychologist, this is a dream remember) assigned to them and their parents from birth.  Mental health issues would be dealt with or referred.  Imagine a world full of emotionally intelligent people. 

Yeah, I know.  I am having trouble imagining it too.

{Originally posted 12th January 2010}

No comments:

Post a Comment